Block documentation structure
In this website the documentation for a block is developed in a number of stages. This post may help you to determine the status of the documentation for any particular block.
The stages are:
- Identify a plugin with blocks
- Install the plugin
- Create the block list for the plugin
- Generate the blocks for the plugin’s namespace
- Complete the documentation for each block
Generated block structure
An automatically generated block contains the following blocks.
Generated block example
ScreenshotPlease set featured image
Type / to select block
- A completed entry will have the correct Block info with the appropriate icon and description.
- This is followed by the More block. The
Excerptfield is left blank, so the previous block is used whenever the Excerpt is displayed.
- The light grey block contains some basic notes about the block.
- There will be a screenshot and a working example.
- The Notes section may contain a variety of notes, some of which are observations.
- Additionally there will be values for all the fields in the Information section.
|Block type name:||core/paragraph||This should be the same value as in the title|
|Plugin ref:||WordPress||A link to the plugin that delivers this block.|
|Block categories:||common||A block category link for all blocks with this category. |
Only one expected.
|Block keywords:||text||Block keyword links for blocks with these keywords.|
No longer limited to 3 keywords.
|Block classification:||Static||A manually created taxonomy used to define how the block operates. e.g. Static, Dynamic, Server Side Rendered.|
|Block letters:||P||Links to the Block Letter taxonomy display for blocks.|
Up to 5 allowed.