Fizzie v0.5.0 – changes for Gutenberg v10.4.0
In order to be able to upgrade to Gutenberg v10.4.0 I needed to make some changes to the Fizzie theme.
I wanted to be able to:
- properly support full and wide width alignment.
- document all the new blocks for Full Site Editing.
- remove some of the override logic that I no longer needed.
Summary of changes
- Added: Add Input Output Debugging custom template, bobbingwide/fizzie#65
- Changed: Improve support for align wide and align full, bobbingwide/fizzie#44
- Changed: Add Header and Footer template variant examples, bobbingwide/fizzie#60
- Changed: Add query-title to archive.html to aid the block’s documentation, bobbingwide/fizzie#60
- Changed: Replace
archive_descriptionshortcode by query-title and term-description, bobbingwide/fizzie#60
- Changed: Add .gitignore to ignore custom.css and/or oik-custom.css, bobbingwide/fizzie#57
- Changed: Override nav menu spacing and colour again for Gutenberg 10.3.0, bobbingwide/fizzie#26
- Changed: Set default template part tagName based on template area, bobbingwide/fizzie#55
- Tested: With Gutenberg 10.4.0
- Tested: With WordPress 5.7 and WordPress Multi Site
- Tested: With PHP 8.0
For the full list of changes to the Fizzie theme see bobbingwide/fizzie.