Improved patterns preview
There are now 158 WordPress block themes tagged full-site-editing on wordpress.org
Between them they deliver nearly 1,500 templates, over 650 template parts and over 2,200 patterns.
This site has been updated to improve the patterns preview.
single-oik-themes.htmltemplate now displays the post content as full width.
- The accordion display on the Templates, Template parts and Patterns tabs now has improved accessibility for keyboard users.
- When you click on the toggle or the pattern’s title the accordion item opens to display
- A preview of the pattern, within an iframe
- The pattern file name
- The pattern’s Categories
- The cached HTML for the pattern’s blocks.
I hope you appreciate the changes.
Note: The logic doesn’t yet support blocks which are implemented by recommended plugins.
A number of plugins have been updated: oik base plugin, oik-patterns, oik-themes.
I’ve also corrected the Fizzie theme to prevent a Fatal error that was occurring on woocommerce.wp-a2z.org, which uses the Wizzie child theme.
And I’ve updated the oik-update plugin to enable cataloguing of the new default theme for WordPress 6.1 – Twenty Twenty-Three.
For details see my GitHub account bobbingwide.
Pattern preview using the WordPress theme repository
For the patterns preview on wordpress.org
- View the themes tagged Full Site Editing by chosing Block Themes on wordpress.org/themes
- Choose a theme
- Scroll to the Patterns: section
- If necessary click on the Show all patterns link
- Choose a pattern to preview and select it using keyboard, mouse or tapping.
- The pattern will be displayed in theme preview page