Group – core/group
Use the Group block to wrap your blocks in a container. Embed a variety of blocks. Choose the background colour for the group.
This is the first paragraph in a Group block with the background colour set to Very light gray.
- This is a list item.
- The next block is a WordPress – oik-block/wp block, displaying the current versions of WordPress, Gutenberg and PHP.
Media and text
Paragraph with a background colour inherited from the Media and Text block and Cyan bluish gray Text colour.
This is a Group set to Full width. It has white text with a dark grey background.
It doesn’t appear as Full width since it’s being displayed inside a template part which is normal width.
This is a Group set to Wide width. It has black text with a cyan bluish gray background. As with the Full width group block, it doesn’t appear as Wide width since it’s contained within a template part of normal width.
Note: The padding is set to 20 pixels all around.
- A group block can be aligned: wide or full.
- Use Block navigation to select the Group block.
- The default content is a placeholder [block core/paragraph].
- Settings include:
- Colour settings: text colour, background colour and link colour.
- Spacing: Padding ( in pixels ).
- Save the Group block as a Reusable block.
- Change alignmentUse Change alignment to choose the alignment
- Align leftAlign to the left
- Align centerAlign in the center
- Align rightAlign to the right
- Wide widthIncrease the width of the block beyond the content size. Requires theme support.
- Full widthExtend the block to cover the full width of the screen. Requires theme support.
- More optionsDisplay more options
- Show More SettingsShow the block settings in the sidebar.
- CopyCopy the block to the clipboard.
- DuplicateUse Duplicate to create a copy of the block.
- Insert AfterInsert a new block after the selected block(s).
- Insert BeforeInsert a new block before the selected block(s).
- Move To Use Move To to move a block. Up/Down or Left/Right
- Edit as HTMLEdit the HTML of the block.
- GroupTransform the selected block(s) into a group.
- Add to Reusable blocksCreate a Reusable block.
- Remove blockDelete the block.