Post template – core/post-template
Contains the block elements used to render a post, like the title, date, featured image, content or excerpt, and more.
Use the Post Template block to format the content returned by the Query block.
FSE theme statistics – 23rd September 2023
New WordPress themes since January 2022
FSE theme statistics – 14th August 2023
- The Post Template block is an inner block of Query Loop – core/query.
- Use the block inserter to insert blocks for each post found for the Query block.
- eg Post Title – core/post-title, Post Content – core/post-content, Post Excerpt – core/post-excerpt, Post Date – core/post-date
- It has no settings other than Advanced Additional CSS class(es).
- The Post Template block was previously known as the Query Loop block.
- It had to be renamed since the Query block was retitled to Query Loop.