RSS – core/rss
Use the RSS block to display entries from any RSS or Atom feed.
Example showing the feed from https://core.wp-a2z.org/rss, displayed as a grid with two columns, showing the author and post date.
- The block can be displayed as a list or grid, with a varying number of columns ( 2 to 6 ).
- You can choose the number of items to display. Default: 5
- Settings include options to display author, date and excerpt. For more information on RSS and Atom feed see WordPress feeds.
- If you fail to enter an URL you get a message: RSS Error: WP HTTP Error: A valid URL was not provided.
- You may also get an error message such as:
An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Change alignmentUse Change alignment to choose the alignment
- Align leftAlign to the left
- Align centerAlign in the center
- Align rightAlign to the right
- Wide widthIncrease the width of the block beyond the content size. Requires theme support.
- Full widthExtend the block to cover the full width of the screen. Requires theme support.
- Edit RSS URLUse Edit RSS URL to change the URL for the RSS feed. Overwrite the existing URL and click on the “Use URL” Button on the right.
- List viewView as a list.
- Grid viewDisplay the content in a grid
- More optionsDisplay more options
- Show More SettingsShow the block settings in the sidebar.
- CopyCopy the block to the clipboard.
- DuplicateUse Duplicate to create a copy of the block.
- Insert AfterInsert a new block after the selected block(s).
- Insert BeforeInsert a new block before the selected block(s).
- Move To Use Move To to move a block. Up/Down or Left/Right
- Edit as HTMLEdit the HTML of the block.
- GroupTransform the selected block(s) into a group.
- Add to Reusable blocksCreate a Reusable block.
- Remove blockDelete the block.
RSS transforms to: