An Unrecognized Block, commonly referred to as a Missing block, is a block which is not recognised by the editor.
ScreenshotPlease set featured image
When displayed in the editor the text will be something like this.
- An Unrecognised block is displayed in the editor when the block type name is not registered.
- This may occur if a plugin has been deactivated or a new version of a plugin no longer supports the original block name. For example when a deprecated block has finally been removed.
- Missing dynamic blocks may not display anything at all on the front end.
- Missing blocks are quite difficult to create manually!
- Attempting to create a hand crafted block called `missing:missing` fails. It just gets converted to a Classic block by the Block editor.